Having went to the location to collect photographs of staff i particularly like this image as the rails behind Andy appeared abstract and eye catching. I asked him to show his cheesiest grin possible. I chose him in particularly as he looks like a very ordinary man, and a soap needs a character like Andy to show that the programme features a variety of people in order to appeal to that broader market.

I wanted to cut Andy out of this image and superimpose him onto another. Photoshop, i was advised, is the best program to use. This is the first time i have every done this and it took me a while to understand the tools available. I first selected the magic wand tool which automatically selects a section of the image that's of the same colour. I first did this to get rid of the background.
I then used the free hand crop tool which allowed me to crop around Andy.

Once i copied Andy onto another image i realised there were very small gaps of white. I didn't know how i could undo them or amend them as the nature of photoshop is quite complex so i hoped it would go unnoticed. The next was to get rid of the sky in the image so it can blend better into the background of the website. I used the magic wand tool which highlighted the sky. When i deleted this the background immediately went transparent.

I then positioned the image where i wanted it to go on the website. Rather than adding text boxes on the website to accompany the image i chose to do this on Photoshop to enhance my skills with the software. Andy's name goes vertically down and is in a different font as though it's a title. This will be a hyperlink onto another page, either a character or storyline page.

I was hoping to imitate these two images that were featured on the Eastenders website. The images of the characters are superimposed onto a photographic image or a plain image. I will further experiment with this style as i feel it's very effective.
No comments:
Post a Comment