These are two songs that I'm considering to feature on the final cut of the trailer. I found these two songs from website on the Internet that host thousands of free sounds and beats (there's endless listing on search engines like google if you search: copy written free music). The instrumental below is described as a hard rock/techno/funk sound which i felt personal enjoyment for. It has an up beat/normal tempo and builds as a crescendo. It also has an 'edgy' sound which contrasts with the sophistication of the soap creating an alternative style. This alternative style would fit in well with the odd advertisements that are about, it also portrays the alternative conventions we've chosen to highlight. The smoking that is a main feature of the trailer is now a huge taboo amongst advertising and in general 21st century life. There was a ban on cigarette advertising a few years ago, i researched into this and found that the cigarette brand advertisements were illegal. As we are only featuring a character smoking heavily this is not in breached of any rules as we are not trying to sell cigarettes but we are implying cigarettes to be a negative habit when a person is under enormous stress. It all depends how one can interpret it; either to advocate or condemn, you make the decision?
.
I particularly like the one below although as it hits the 55 second mark the beat, noticeably changes. The music can be described as industrial trip hop This can work in my favour as i can choose to show titles during this time but this is something that will have to be tried once the trailer is complete. There's electronically mixed vocals briefly featured in this instrumental which i think adds that edgy/alternative style I'm seeking. My only criticism with this song is that it immediately goes into the beat with no crescendo. This may lose the effect of building tension as the trailer progresses, the impact of a dramatic ending may not occur. Yet again this is something that will have to be trailed.
.
*I struggled to find a way to upload the audio alone onto the blog. I over came this problem by creating a brief slide show on Windows Movie Maker.

No comments:
Post a Comment